We’re excited to partner with our allies to continue to strengthen the anti-trafficking community.
Houston is a model for anti-trafficking collaboration with many organizations playing different roles to ensure everyone in Houston is free. Annually we partner with 12 different organizations to support throughout the year.
Become An Ally
We’re proud to be a force for change in Houston, and we’re so excited that you’d like to be part of the mission.
We partner and work alongside all different types of organizations who work to fight human trafficking both locally and globally. Our featured Allies must maintain specific requirements.
- At least 50% of work is related to anti-human trafficking efforts
- At least one staff member based in Houston
- Opportunities for volunteers to engage in the work of the organization
- Provide a main point of contact to engage with A 2nd Cup
- Complies with all applicable Federal and State of Texas licensing authorities’ laws, rules, and regulations regarding records and governmental records.
- Hold meetings and events at A 2nd Cup when appropriate
- Identify partnership on website and/or materials where applicable
- Choose A 2nd Cup gift cards as prizes or thank-you’s rather than other local or national coffee shops
- Submit chosen events for the A 2nd Cup calendar (in-shop and online) by the 20th of every month
- Respect A 2nd Cup’s staff members, volunteers and place of business
A 2nd Cup’s Commitment
- Display Ally’s mission and contact information at A 2nd Cup
- Display Ally’s events on A 2nd Cup’s calendar (in-shop and online) when submitted on time
- Include Ally as a partner in the Split Shot program
- Provide free use of event space (for 75-100 people max) as available (first-come; first served basis) // Ally must purchase food + drink or encourage guests to purchase food drink
- Provide 10% off food and drink purchases for staff of Allies - must be able to show some form of proof of employment