11th Street Market by A 2nd Cup Market Rules
I. INTRODUCTION / MISSION
The 11th Street Market (the "market") is brought to you by A 2nd Cup and will take place in the cafe’s parking lot (on the corner of 11th Street and Norhill) to support A 2nd Cup, local businesses, benefit the community and raise awareness around the issue of human trafficking. The main goals of the market include:
- creating a safe space for the community to support local businesses who have been impacted by Covid-19 + redirecting consumers’ dollars to these businesses
- educating the community about A 2nd Cup and its mission to end human trafficking
- promoting fair-trade + ethically sourced goods
II. SELLING AT THE MARKET
A 2nd Cup and its staff will determine those who may sell and participate in the market. We anticipate having a variety of sellers that will include items such as produce, ethically sourced and produced jewelry, home goods and clothing, plants, food vendors (that do not compete with A 2nd Cup’s offerings), and more. We will work to make sure that vendors do not overlap too much with other vendors (ie. we will not have more than one to two vendors in each category of goods).
A vendor application must be submitted to and approved by A 2nd Cup. Vendors must hold all required permits, licenses, and insurance for their business operations, and sign the Indemnity Agreement.
If you are a producer, there is no charge to participate in our market.
For any other type of vendor, there is a $25 fee to reserve your space at the 11th Street Market. Invoices are sent out approximately one week before the market, and need to be paid before the market begins. In addition, we highly encourage our vendors to make a donation equal to 5% of their sales over $250 not to exceed and additional $50. These donations are tax-deductible and can be made at www.a2ndcup.com/donate.
III. MARKET OPERATIONS
- The market will operate once a month, and will run for 4 hours, rain or shine. January through May of 2021, we will operate the market on the second Saturday of the month from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. If there will be extreme weather, we will cancel at least 24 hours in advance, and your vendor fees will be refunded.
- The market will operate on the grounds of A 2nd Cup in the parking lot area located at 1111 E. 11th St, HTX, 77009.
- A 2nd Cup will advertise the market on its website, social media platforms, neighborhood listservs, and community lists. We ask that vendors share information about the market with their followers + customers as well. A 2nd Cup will provide digital marketing materials.
- A stall is a selling area 10 feet wide and 10 feet deep.
- Masks must be worn by vendors at ALL TIMES. In addition, we ask that vendors have a supply of sanitizing products in order to clean their hands and highly touched surfaces often. Shoppers will also be required to wear masks.
- Vendors will be assigned stall spaces and digital maps at least 3 days before the market. We cannot accommodate electricity needs.
- While operating at the market, vendors must follow all local, county, state, and federal regulations for handling, selling and distributing food.
- Vendors will determine their own pricing for goods sold.
- Vendors must keep their stall and their equipment in a clean, safe, and hazard-free condition. At the end of the market, each vendor must leave their selling area clean, with all trash removed.
- No smoking is permitted at the market. No consumption of alcoholic beverages is allowed at the market.
- Vendors must be set up and vehicles removed from the market area by at least 15 minutes before market opens. Vendors must remain set up until the close of the market. Set up can begin at 1.5 hours before the market begins.
- Vendors must supply their own tents, tent weights, and tables. For the safety of all present at the market, ropes or tie-down straps that connect the weight to the tent must be taut at all times. Bungee cords may not be used to hold tent weights. Tent weights must be attached IMMEDIATELY after pitching the tent and when weights are removed, the tent must be IMMEDIATELY taken down.
- Vendors should be prepared for all kinds of weather.